Please fill in the fields below
Better Business, Better Life – Issue 72
Subscribe for Email Updates
As we head into another week, I take great pleasure in sharing my curated articles, tips & tools in a short read that will hopefully give you a few ‘aha’ moments as well as some laughter or joy. Most of all I hope it gives you pragmatic inspiration & helps you on your journey to doing what you love, with people you love, making a huge difference, being compensated appropriately with time to pursue other passions – #TheEOSLife.
Here’s this week’s business tip, life hack & find of the week… Some of them are original, most are things I have come across in my weekly pursuit of self-improvement & living a better life, through creating a better business. And don’t forget the inspirational quote, which you can download as a wallpaper or lock screen for your phone.
As always, if you find great things that you’d like to share then feel free to email me for inclusion in one of my weekly newsletters. I’m always looking for new & exciting things to share each week. And if you think someone else would like to receive the newsletter in their inbox, directly from my inbox (no newsletter apps used here!) then please let me know – email@example.com
I can be fired?
“What, I can be fired?!” I’ve heard this from owners more times than I can count. However, I’ve only heard it once when working with my Entrepreneurial Operating System® (EOS®) clients. If someone asks this question in a session, we quickly look at the Partnership Rules of the Game.
This is how my colleague Sara B Stern starts her article before diving into the tools that change how you run your business.
You’ve got to be brave to run EOS in your business, but it’s worth it!
Are you trying to have it all?
Do you remember Tim Ferris & his 4-hour work week book? I certainly do & it never really resonated with me. The truth is that I don’t want to live a Nomad life – I enjoy what I do & love spending time with people 55 hours a week is the optimal amount of time that I spend at work, doing what I love, with people I love.
However, for many people, this was the dream – working from the beach, anywhere in the world, 4 hours per week & having it all.
So I was intrigued to find this article about Tim’s assistant, showing that they didn’t ever work a 4-hour week.
The article itself is enlightening, but I love the questions that saved Charlie’s life:
- Do I feel guilty or anxious when I’m not working?
- Have I stopped playing with my friends?
- Do all of my daily activities revolve around building a more successful career?
- Am I always sleeping fewer than eight hours per night?
- Am I consuming stimulants multiple times per day to hide my exhaustion?
- Am I sitting still and staring at screens for most of my waking hours?
- Do I interact with people primarily through screens?
- Am I indoors all day long, depriving myself of fresh air and sunlight?
- Do I depend on alcohol or drugs to cope with social situations outside work?
Do any of these resonate with you?
If so, then please take the time to read the article!
FIND OF THE WEEK
The F word is not a dirty word!
This week I got invited to be on a podcast with a host, Rayson Choo, who has hosted people like Gary V & Grant Cardone. I have no idea why he wanted me on the show, but I was grateful to be asked & decided to go with it. And it was fun!
We talked about so many things & he asked me 11 questions:
- Who am I & what do I do?
- What inspired me to become an entrepreneur?
- What the heck is EOS? (The Entrepreneurial Operating System)
- How can we use it to scale our business?
- What were some of the mental and emotional struggles I’ve faced?
- How do you come back to business from grief after losing a loved one? (Or two!)
- Why is the F word not a dirty word? (F = Failure)
- What lessons have you learned from failure?
- How do you plan your life before someone else does?
- How do you balance work & life as an Entrepreneur?
- Imagine this. You suddenly lose everything, your money, your reputation. What would you do from day 1 to day 30 to save yourself?
This was an open, honest & vulnerable interview & Rayson is a great host.
It will go live on his podcast soon, but you can listen to it here:
If you’d like to learn more about any of these tools or would like to find out how I can help you achieve a better life through creating a better business, then book a free Discovery Call with me.
We’ll talk about what you want to get from your business & your life & come up with a plan to do that!
Certified EOS Implementer | Accredited Family Business Advisor | Entrepreneurial Leadership & Business Coach | Speaker & Workshop Facilitator