Oh yay – my favourite topic – Business Strategy!
Don’t get me wrong – I am not a strategist & certainly not an expert on Business Strategy in Auckland, well at least not in the traditional sense, but I do LOVE business strategy.
Why It Matters
Because you need to know where you are going, any road will get you there!
If you can gain clarity on where you are headed, you can start to plan how you will get there. And that, in my simplistic terms, is Business Strategy, Auckland!
In EOS terms, we use the V/TO or Vision Traction Organiser to develop & share our business strategy with the wider team.
It is a simple 2-page business plan that enables you to articulate who you are, where you are headed, how you help people, what your ultimate goal is & how you will achieve that Vision.
The first page is very much about the vision of the company & answers 5 key questions:
- What are our core values – how do we operate around here? How do we hire, fire & reward our people?
- What is our Core Purpose? Why do we do what we do & How can we be the best in the world?
- 10-Year Target – what is the number 1 goal for the organisation in 10 years? Often referred to as a BHAG (Big Hairy Audacious Goal) or compass for the business
- Marketing Strategy – Who are our ideal clients, and how do we serve them that makes us unique & do we have a proven process & a guarantee?
- 3-year Picture – what are the key measurables we will achieve in 3 years but more importantly, what does it look & feel like in 3 years? This brings the 10-year target down to the ground.
This helps to get the team on the same page about where you are headed & how they fit into the Vision.
The second page is the Traction page & it’s all about how we bring this vision down to the ground.
There are 3 parts to this:
- The 1-Year Plan – 3-7 goals for the year that will move the business forward towards the 3-Year Plan & 10-Year Target. Don’t forget; less is more!
- The 90-day rocks – projects or work that will take you towards that 1-Year Plan. This is the important stuff outside of the day-to-day business.
- The Issues List – this is where you keep the long-term issues put into a ‘parking lot’ so you can deal with them in your quarterly leadership team meetings.
Many business coaches or business consultants will try to make it more complicated than this, but it doesn’t have to be.
In my experience, as a Certified EOS Implementer, less is more, or as I like to say (mostly because I am half German), Weineger aber Besser! This means less but better & was the book written by Dieter Rams. It’s all about focus & that’s what EOS is all about.
What EOS Can Do For You
At EOS Worldwide, we like to get the leadership team laser-sharp-focused because we know that nothing is important if everything is important.
So if you want to learn how to simplify things in your business, then EOS is for you.
EOS is the Entrepreneurial Operating System. It’s a model, tools & framework for helping your organisation get 100% clear on your Vision & Business Strategy, helping you to instil the discipline & accountability to execute the plan every day & ensuring that your leadership team is working together as a healthy, cohesive team, working for the greater good.
I would love to chat with you about how you can simplify your business strategy & get everyone on the same page.
We have offices in Auckland and Sydney & will travel all over New Zealand & Australia to work with clients. Plus, we work virtually with clients from anywhere in the world or teams that are split geographically.
I am passionate about helping Entrepreneurs live their ideal lives, so if you’d like to find out what EOS can do for your business strategy in Auckland, then feel free to book a free session to chat – https://calendly.com/debra-chantry-taylor/eos-vth.